Saturday 2 June 2018

Card Tutorial

Hi all,
Hope you're having a lovely weekend, this post is dedicated to a tutorial, while I don't want to state the obvious there are a lot of new crafters out there and hopefully this will help with a couple of techniques.  We are all familiar with mat and layering but I've combined this with some stamping and some flower making.



Here goes...

I started off with a 7" x 7" card blank, my first layer was from a Trimcraft paper pad called The Promise (8" x 8") which I cut down to 6" x 6".  My next layer was from a Grafix paper pad Shabby Texture.  This I cut down 12cm x 12cm.

Next I cut a banner shape in white card 11cm x 6cm

I have a Brother Scan N Cut so I cut 3 leaves in cream card and 2 3d rose shapes in cream card and  1 in the blue card. Please excuse the photos!!


To roll the roses take some tweezers and start at the end as shown and roll up until you get to the centre....

Now glue the roll to the centre of the flower.  Then with each petal fold over the end with the tweezers.

 Do this with the other two roses.
Cut two flourishes, I used dies from my stash (sorry I can't remember the make) and some small pieces of mesh.


Next I stamped a sentiment which was Dovecraft Floral Muse on white card stock using Chipped Sapphitre distress ink...I cut it out leaving a 1mm border all the way round and stuck it to the card using double sided sticky foam pads.


 Assemble and glue all the pieces on the card and Voilá!




If you like it leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment